Limi Boosters Cook-Off Contest
The contest is held annually at the National Junior Limousin Show & Congress
There will be only one division for NALJA members.
Names of cook-off participants and a typed copy of the entry recipe must be submitted by May 15 to Mary Booth, PO Box 1172, Miami, OK 74355, 918-533-5518, Mbooth@fnbmiami.com.
- Teams may have 2 to 4 speaking parts and there is no limit to the number of junior members participating in the contest. There is no limit to the number of teams from any state.
- All entries must use beef in the recipes. All entries will be evaluated on showmanship (education/theme) and recipe (appeal/taste/appearance).
- Cooks may begin preparation any time they deem necessary on contest day to be ready for judging at the designated time.
- In keeping with the “fun” aspect of this contest, contestants are encouraged to choose a theme, dress accordingly and serve the beef in a manner keeping with that theme. Participants should use imagination and creativity in choosing a theme and serving the finished dish in that style. Teams will have a five-minute time limit in which to present and serve the dish.
- Points will be awarded for the cook-off in the sweepstakes competition. Only the top placing team from each state will receive points.
Recipe Criteria: (60% of score)
- Quality of meat preparation
- Family & consumer appeal (serving suggestions)
- Overall taste (tenderness, juiciness)
- Appetizing appearance (plate presentation)
Showmanship Criteria: (40% of score)
- The educational aspect of the demonstration (ability to promote beef, educate consumer)
- The team’s product knowledge and ability to present themselves and their dish during the judging (theme)
- How suitable contestant’s apparel is to their theme
- Neatness and overall appearance
All entries must include a typed copy of the recipe.
Cash prizes awarded to at least the top two placing teams. Limi Boosters reserve the right to add additional cash prizes for additional placings.